Requested support from campgrounds being considered for rallies:
1. Every effort should be made to assign sites that are adjacent to each
other in the group. (Any cancellations should be done in such a-way as to preserve
the group integrity if possible.) The hosts will work with the campground as the
rally date approaches to keep track of who is registered, when they will be
arriving and correct any problems that may arise.
2. Reservation fees should be no more than one night group rate in advance,
balance payable at check-in.
3. Reservations should be cancel-able with full refund up to ten days before
the rally. (Reservations by our group are made in good faith and we expect the
campground to be reasonable if difficulties arise for our members requiring
4. A covered shelter or better with electrical outlets should be available for
meals and coffee preparation.
5. Most of our members prefer full hookup sites if available to the group-
use area. (This is as stated below, a variable due to various campground facilities,
but a preferred option.)
6. A campfire ring/location should be available near the shelter or at least
near the group area reserved for nightly use by the group. (Assuming there are no
campfire restrictions in effect.)
7. The hosts will work with the campground to acquire any local information
and brochures for recommended local attractions.
8. The hosts may also need help/recommendations for local doctor, hospital,
veterinarian and other emergency numbers/locations for the group while in the area.
All of the above conditions or requests can be altered/negotiated by the assigned
rally hosts & campground with agreement by both parties due to special conditions.
This list is only offered to provide reminders to the campground and/or hosts of
our preferences for a successful enjoyable rally and a reasonable profit for the
“Mid-America Bounders” chapter of “Bounders of America” – a fun loving group of
Fleetwood Bounder class “A” motor home owners from around the Midwest.
Submitted by Bob Young 10/13/08